Forster Park is a great place to exercise. Although organised sports are not running during social isolation, there is still lots you can do here. It’s a great place for a walk, running, outdoor exercise and even careful cycling.
- Football pitches – more information below
- An all-weather cricket surface – free – no booking required – bring your own stumps – the type that don’t need to be pushed into the ground
- Basketball court – free – no booking required
- Table tennis table – free – no booking required – bring your own bats & balls
- Children’s play area
- Outdoor learning area with log circle READ MORE
Summer months only
- Dog water bowl
Football pitches and booking information
- Two 11-a side pitches
- One 9 -a side pitch
- A 7 -a side pitch can be created easily
Contact: Paul Harper, Sports Development Officer, Gllendale Grounds Management, Stainton Road, Catford SE6 1AN / email: email@example.com Tel: 020 8318 3986
For junior players there are clubs that train in the park, for example Lewisham Lionhearts who train on Saturday mornings.
An all-weather cricket surface was installed in early summer 2019. This is freely available to anyone who wants to use it and does not need to be booked. You will need to bring your own stumps of a type that do not need to be pushed into the ground. Like those in the picture.
The park has a basketball court. This does not need to be booked.
The park has a table tennis table. Bring your own bats and balls! No booking necessary.